Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally a Bride by Vickie McDonough

Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides)Finally a Bride by Vickie McDonough

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Sensuality Rating: Sweet


Keep your eyes wide open for romance in Lookout, Texas. Jody Chapman, aka Butch Laird, returns to town determined to make up for past misdeeds. Will reporter Jacqueline Hamilton uncover his secret before Jody can capture her heart? With nowhere else to go, ex-con Carly Payton returns to the Lookout boardinghouse. Garrett Corbett is looking for an upstanding wife, not some jailbird. What will he do when overpowered by Carly’s appeal? Twice-widowed Christine Taylor isn’t looking to get re-hitched. Will love-stricken Rand Kessler find a way to woo her into wedlock? Does love deserve a first, second, or third chance?



I received this book as a pre-publication from netGalley






        This was my first book by Vickie McDonough and I am impressed.  I thought it was very sweet and moved along at a nice pace. I like the fact that we could see what both Jack and Noah's thoughts were... I love knowing the H/H's thoughts! The side story between Carly and Garret was sweet also but a little distracting and I caught myself skimming through to get to Noah and Jack. I personally thought is was VERY unlikely that Jack wouldn't have recognized Noah and that point was hard to get over since it kept going back to that.

         This was definitely a inspirational/Christian book and referenced back to God's plan enough to make it a little excessive even for a someone that has a relationship with Jesus Christ. I enjoy a Christian romance but it causes me to feel miffed when the dialogue has to re-explain that the person in question is born again and no longer the same as they use to be over and over again.


         That being said, I would definitely recommend this book to any and everyone because it has a positive and uplifting story with a great outcome. The story itself is very entertaining and it was hard for me to put down. It goes to show that when someone willingly commits their life to Jesus they have to change from their old ways, no matter how major or minor, to truly follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment